Name: Lovino Vargas (aka Italy Romano)
Birthday: March 17th
Random Headcanons (in no particular order):
- Lovino’s hobbies include his job, taking naps, cooking, the occasional gardening, reading, interior and fashion design, and dancing. Perhaps insulting Germans, too.
- He tries to seem tougher than he really is. In all honesty, it’s to cover up the fact that he’s actually rather timid underneath his stubborn personality.
- To avoid getting hurt, Lovino will seem harsh and cynical with others to keep them from getting close to him. However, if people do succeed in becoming close to him, he opens up a little more. Expressing his emotions is difficult for him and he’ll easily become aggravated or flustered. And while it won’t seem he cares, he really does.
- In all honesty, he really doesn’t use vulgar language unless angry or depressed. One or two words might slip out, but otherwise, he’s really not that bad.
- While typically bitter about his brother due to their childhood and obvious favoritism for Feliciano over him, he does truly care about him. He’ll never really admit it or show it on purpose.
- He likes cats, rabbits, and other small animals. He also likes children as long as they’re not obnoxiously loud or annoying. He won’t cuss in front of them and he seems nicer in front of them. As for the animals, he tries to be as gentle as possible with them (though he’s clumsy, so it doesn’t always work out).
- Even though he might seem grouchy and rude, he doesn’t like starting fights or even being in them. He hates wars and conflicts in general. When given the option of fight or flight, he’ll typically run.
- He enjoys playing the violin, acoustic guitar, and piano. Antonio taught him how to play the flamenco guitar, but he can’t play it as well as Antonio.
- Lovino is not a morning person. Even though he does wake up early, he’s extremely grumpy for at least the following hour.
- After Antonio taught him some gardening techniques, he likes to try it every once in a while. He sucks at keeping flowers alive, but he’s a master with tomato plants and other fruits and vegetables.
- He’s not as good with culinary arts as Feliciano, but he’s not bad at all. Unlike his brother, though, he doesn’t have a wide variety in meals and dislikes most foreign food.
- Lovino doesn’t show it often, but he has a sweet tooth and a love for caffeine and sugar. When shopping, it’s hard to keep him away from any sweets that might be presented.
- He doesn’t really like to talk about his past and will either tell the person to go away or change the subject.
(More to come as I think of them!)